Before all, if you are looking for how to simply create dashboards, please check our Introduction to dashboard first.
This article is more about giving you a few guidelines on best practices we believe at Air360 regarding dashboards.
We see this pattern way too often with analytics: Users get excited about all possible cool visualizations they can add to their dashboard and start to monitor everything. It feels like this.
The reality is that dashboard with too much information actually end up being used like this instead.
Our advice for efficient dashboards are the following:
- Make dashboard personal and take ownership of it. There is no such thing as a dashboard that can be useful to everyone. Usefulness is very subjective.
- A good dashboard should have no more than 6 metrics to keep an eye on
- Design your dashboard around your North Star Metric
- At Air360, we love to measure user engagement with this simple chart which can be done extremely simply in Air360.
- Always follow KISS principle